Or How I Learnt To Stop Worrying And Love Procrastination

Saturday, November 25, 2006

The Rain In Spain

So I have some time to kill. As Liam points out...yes, I am updating this thing a lot aren't I?

So Spain has been OK. Barcelona was FULL ON and overwhelming and I shouldn't have pulled an all nighter before I left. Met some nice people though, had some great food and after a couple of days really got into the vibe of it, in my own little way.

Hung out with Beth for some time. She is there studying to teach English. It seems that's all anyone does over here. I can't think of any other real highlights in Barcelona. I bought a new jumper. Ben and I walked around for a while. Thumbed through some CD shops and that was that.

Caught an early bus to Madrid to meet up with Kim and Lisa. Madrid has been dreary. I've been here three days and it's rained for two of them. You can't have everything I guess. Spent yesterday wandering around the palace grounds.

The CD shops in Madrid are fantastic. And so cheap compared to the rest of Europe. Must do shopping excursions here. Just a sea of bootlegs and rare records. Not even expensive rare stuff, just odd stuff like Epic Soundtracks solo albums and the entire solo output of Mark Olson. Who the hell stocks that crap? Madrid, that's who.

Met even more Australians here and I must admit it got me a bit homesick. Over a night we discuss Australian polirics, sport, cities and music. Today I even put Paul Kelly on random on the ipod. It's made me think about what I'm trying to achieve here in my travels. And it made me realise how Australian I am.

I did try my best Spanish in a shop today and the girl came back at me with English. Oh and she was super cute this girl. You know what's hard? Trying to chat up someone in a language you know very little of.

Ao that's Spain. Not going to San Sebastian or Bilbao after all. Flying back to Paris tomorrow and will take it from there. It was a bit of a let down really, but maybe Spain is like one of those kinda grumpy girls, that when you're high energy and up for it, tshe will be too. But if you're just moping around, then she's going to find another party.

Hopefully Wi Fi will kick back to life in Paris and photos will be coming soon.

Danny
Madrid

No comments: