Or How I Learnt To Stop Worrying And Love Procrastination

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Famous People I've Seen On the Streets Since I Left Home

The new irregular series


Who: Mischa Barton (twice). You know, the skinny one from the O.C.
Where: Once in a restaurant in Madrid, and six months later at a Shins gig in London where we stood next to eachother.

She is actually quite stunning. But I find it interesting how many girls say this too. The ones who were with me when I saw her have all commented. She is also very tall, and I think possibly the most famous person on this list.



Who: The dude who died at the end of the first Lord of the Rings, in that really long drawn out scene.
Where: Just at the pub, on his own. Having a pint. No trace of over acting at all. He looks a bit like my mate Simon.



Who: J Mascis of Dinosaur Jr fame.
Where: Near Denmark Street in Soho, the guitar capital of London. I was very much going to go up and say hi and say how I liked his music...until two kids beat me to it. So I walked on, as if I was meaning to walk past the whole time.


Who: Mike Skinner of the Streets
Where: PC World, Kensington. I was too distracted with my broken laptop to see what he was doing.



Who: The dude who gets picked on in fat fighters, that recurring sketch in Little Britain
Where: Virgin Megastore, Oxford St. I didn't see what he bought. Maybe Little Britain on DVD.



Who: The entire cast of the IT Crowd
Where: a little cafe between work and home. I love that show. It was very exciting actually. I noticed one of them first, then the others. I don't know about you, but I'd like to imagine that people in TV shows are all friends. To see that they are was great.

I'm sure there's more but, you just don't get this type of celeb watching in Sydney.

More when I remember...

Danny
London



1 comment:

liamski said...

Some of mine were (all in Soho): Terence Stamp, Joanna Lumley, Ross Noble, Simon Pegg and the larger, often miserable guy who was Adam's best mate in Cold Feet. He looked large, and miserable.