Or How I Learnt To Stop Worrying And Love Procrastination

Friday, December 29, 2006

Doesn't anyone stay in one place anymore?

Okay, after all that, I promise not to write about music for a while.

It's my last night in South London - tomorrow I strike out on my own, and I have a room in a flat in Kensington to call my own. I'm excited and I'm anxious. It's going to be cold, it's going to be lonesome (as opposed to lonely), and I'm going to get very bored at nights, because I don't want to buy a guitar or a new laptop til my next pay. So I expect a lot of reading time.

Christmas was quite relaxed. I called people from home and if there was an underlying theme, it was how nothing has changed. Only real bit of gossip was two friends who finally hooked up. Then again, I don't know what I was expecting. Nothing really happens. And when it does, it's usually bad. It cured a big bout of homesickness though.


And I guess that's a wrap for 2006. What long, strange trip. I have to keep reminding myself I'm in fucking London. Me and my friend Emily almost got run over today and I thought, hey, better than being run over at home. I'm in the land of Sherlock Holmes, Harry Potter, Monty Python and East 17.

Hope you have a happy new year, and had one too.

Danny Yau
London (Balham - for the last time)



No comments: